Kajiado County Public Service Board has a vision to be: “A Professional, Competent, Dynamic and Motivated County Public Service”.
KCPSB mission is “To transform the public service to be professional, efficient and effective through adequate provision, management and development of human resources for the realization of Kajiado County development goals”
To be professional, efficient and effective County Public Service Board
Develop guideline/policies for Human Resource Management and development in the county.
Accountability, transparency, excellence, accessibility, integrity, responsiveness, equity
and team work.
Functions of Kajiado County Public Service Board
As Per County Govt Act 2012 Sec 59
- Establish and abolish offices in the county public service.
- Appoint persons to hold and to act in offices in the county public service including
- Exercise disciplinary control over staff in the county public service.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution
of its functions.
- Promote ethical standards in the operations of the county public service.
- Develop a coherent, integrated HR planning and budgeting for personnel
emoluments in the county.
- Advise on the implementation and monitoring of performance management
- Make recommendations to SRC.
Powers of Kajiado County Public Service Board
- Assist county government in the formulation and implementation of programmes intended to inculcate in public officers the duty to uphold the values and principles.
- Recommend to the county government effective measures to promote the values and principles.
- Investigate, on its own initiative or upon a complaint made by any person or group of persons, the violation of any values and principles.
- Advise the county governments on their obligations under international treaties and conventions on good governance in the county public service.
- Visit any county public office or body with a view to assessing and inspecting the status of compliance with the values and principles.
- Inform and educate county public officers and the public about the values and principles.
- Recommend to the relevant lawful authority, any necessary action in view of the violation of the values and principles by any person or public body.
- Cooperate with other institutions working in the field of good governance in the public service.
- Perform any other functions as the Board considers necessary for the promotion of the values and principles.